Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sept. 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day, Celebrate it, If you Dare!!!!

So, yeah, as Jess probably knows, Sept 19th is the annual 'Talk Like a Pirate' Day. And I was like, ugh, how dare they? I did some research into a equivalent Ninja day, of which I found none. Mostly because behaving like a ninja would cause a world explosion of awesome, leaving only those with a deep intense hatred of the ninja to be slaughtered in the aftermath. Needless to say, it would be terrible for everyone. Well, terrible for those people, awesome for everyone else. Upon further research, I realized that, in fact, there is a Ninja Day, and this day is called 'Every other day of the year'. Much like Black History Month is celebrated to give us a brief reprieve from Whitey McWhiterson year, 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' is a brief reprieve from the all encompassing power of the Ninja, which envelopes the world like a cloak, and constantly muffles the Pirate ruckus. So celebrate this holiday. Even my Ninja brothers and sisters, and laugh at their tired insistence that the world really cares what they have to say. Much like Black History Month.

* I didn't type this in the future, and then send them back in time for your perusal, I just wanted to have some space between posts so the bar wouldn't be so high, so I just changed the date. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket