Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can't Have a Rainbow...

I've been thinking recently about my hatred for Twilight. Considering that I'm pretty sure, as a people, we recognize it to be pretty noxious, there is a real desire for it, and there are tons of people (ahem, girls) going to see it. I try to spend as little of my time worrying about things that aren't worried about me, but I can't seem to shake this deep-seated dislike for sparklepires. I mean, pusspires. I mean, those Twilight things. They are an abomination of everything that is good about vampires, those horrible scary creatures of the night that disdain humanity as one all-you-can-eat buffet, who are fast, strong, and don't mind having you over for dinner. But not in a lame Twilight way, where you all sit around and eat salads. No, no, no. It's just wrong.
I tried to think back to some lame thing I used to like when I was a kid. Oh wait, no, I was awesome when I was a kid an only liked great stuff. So, I decided to think about something that I like now that people think is lame. And it's called Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. You can Google it later. The point is that I love that movie. I think it's hilarious, but there are quite a few people who disagree with me. So, what do I do? I just keep soldiering on and watch it and laugh and laugh. I probably like a lot of things that other people find annoying. The Dixie Chicks (do not down the Dixie Chicks in the comments, or I will find you), old kung fu movies, Brendan Fraser (See Dixie Chicks note). I listen to oldies music and watch White Christmas all the time and like Mandopop. But there are people just like me, who love that stuff, just like there are people who hate it.
So, I think the point of all this is that, while, we all know that Twilight pretty much sucks. Hard. There are people who like it. Really, really like it. God knows why. And sometimes, you've just got to let those things go, and hope that Hollywood doesn't stop making good movies. Then, like after waiting through rainy days, we'll appreciate the sun more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. These unrealistic fads are getting out of control. It's one thing to be a "super-fan" of Star Wars and/or Star Trek, but Sparkle Sparkle is not on the list.

I do have to say that Stephanie Meyer has a great style of writing.

Yay for the Dixie Chicks!

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket