Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Junkin' Redux

So, I'm pretty sure I've done a blog about the show Junkin', that used to come on Turner South ( a great channel, btw, gone before it's time), which I will put a link up to only after I finish writing this post, cause that's how I roll. Well, if you're either too lazy to read the other article, or simply don't care, Junkin' was basically a show where this guy and lady went around the US to different garage sales, flea markets and , you know, crap like that to sift through other people's crap (I can't remember their names right now, but you should know that this is no reflection on the quality of Junkin'). It was terrific. I used to watch it all the time, and even though it's been years since I saw it last, I still remember it was the place where I learned that Social Security cards used to be metal. Which makes a whole lot more sense than the crappy paper they're made with now. Anyway, so this show was the best. They would go around and just have fun and be wacky and show the craziest things that they would find all over and it was pretty super. So, anyway, I want to bring that show back. But not like in lame, recuts of old episodes. I would like to make a web show with the same premise of Junkin', but with just new people who do the same thing. But it's got to be wacky and hilarious all at the same time. I remember going to the Junkin' message boards (which are defunct now), and seeing people still logging in all the time giving updates to their favorite flea markets, the deals they got there, and suggestions to others, so I feel like the market is still there. And if you stick with the sentiment of the original show, then you can't go wrong. So, anyway, as this idea is still in it's infancy, and I have neither the funds nor the cohost to bring it to life, I'm still working out the kinks (ahem). I feel like it shouldn't be hard to do. You'd just need three people, in theory, the two hosts and the camera person. Plus the car to drive around in, and the hot tips for sales. Start up a message board, Film the show, ?????, PROFIT!!! Anyway, in the meantime if you're a wealthy financier with an eye for good entertainment, you should look me up. And we can make my.... our dream come true. Otherwise, I'm just going to put it on the pile of shows that I'd like to create and wait until I'm rich/bored enough to do it. Which shouldn't be too long.

**After finishing the post, I found some interesting Junkin' Links that I though I'd share:

Another Blogger Wonders What Happened to Junkin' (It's not really informational, just funny to me, cause I went through pretty much the same thought process.)

1 Comments:

Blogger England Simpson said...

It was a good show. Fish Live was supposed to do something similar, but we became to lazy... Actually, we'd always been lazy, that was the foundation of our friendship. Where was I going with this?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket