Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How Geeky Am I....

This is just a compendium of my life's passions. And I love that about me. Feel free to click on the links, I worked hard making them so people who didn't know what the deuce I was talking about could find out, and those that do can share my love for all things geeky. If you recognize everything on this list, not only do you deserve a gold star, but we can be best friends now, CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so geeky, I have a set of USB drives that I've named Mulder and Scully.

...Knows their full names were Dana Katherine and Fox William.

...As a kid, was going to name my first daughter Catalina Suzanne, from a character on the show Space Cases.

...owns every Xena COMIC ever made.

...Cried at the end of Serenity. (For reasons if you've seen it, are abundantly clear)

...Has several buttons on backpack: Lupin the Third, Classic Speed Racer (yes, there's a picture of Chim Chim), Bleach and Death Note.

...Has about three hundred movies, most of them old martial arts movies from 1978.

..Not only do I know who the Shaw Brothers are, but can name at least five of their most classic movies. (Honorable mention: Was thinking of naming two twin boys Run Run and Renmue.)

...Knows the significance of the number 42.

...Knows a Hoppy Frood always knows where their towel is.


...Has taken apart at least two computers. (Though only one has been successfully put back together.)

...Still has copies of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64, plus the console to play them on.

...Kicks butt on Goldeneye and Halo.

...Is willing to scream ROWSDOWER!!!! at random intervals.

...Uses frak, gorram, rutting and smegging in everyday conversation.

...Was in the chess club in high school. (I just sucked.)

...owns a couple hundred Magic Cards.


...knows exactly what that last sentence means.

...(Related to above) Could die happy with a draconic visage or dragon chain drop. (It will happen one day, I believe!)

...Actually like the Street Fighter movie.

...Yes, the one with Jean Claude Van Damme

...No, isn't brain damaged.

...Yes, just bought it on VHS.

...Still buys movies on VHS.

...Missing the action and drama of Honda Campus All-Star Challenge.

...Reads Penny Arcade, PVP, Hijinks Ensue, Thinkin' Lincoln, and at least twelve other webcomics.

...Knows what a Homestar Runner is.

...Likes the Cheat better.

...Celebrates Joss Whedon's birthday like it's a national holiday.

...Always wanted to be a Big Damn Hero. (And by extension, Can't Stop the Signal. Even if I wanted to.)

...Has actually edited a Wikipedia article.

...Will believe Wikipedia before own mother.

...Will be naming her son James Tiberius.

...Knew about the Kobayashi Maru before it was cool.

...Actually owns a book stating the majority of the Ferengi "Rules of Aquisition".

...Would rather be paid in latinum bars thankyouverymuch.

...Loves Voyager the best.

...Has written blog topics about any and all of these subjects, especially this one: A treatise on John Carpenter's masterpiece, "Big Trouble in Little China."

I could go on, but I'm going to quit while I still have some dang shred of street cred left. I could go much deeper in the darkest reccesses of my nerdity but I don't think most people are ready for this jelly. I love being a geek tho, I think we're some of the coolest, nicest people in the world, and I wouldn't change a thing about me for all the latinum bars in the 'Verse.

4 Comments:

Blogger England Simpson said...

Oh dear God! I know more than half of what you're talking about. You lost me a little with Monty Python but majority... MAJORITY of what you mentioned, I knew...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Terri D. said...

lol, very nice.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Thestral said...

I have to remove one geek point from you for not including Frell in your alien curse word vocabulary. :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Terri D. said...

Of course! I LOVED Farscape, as you can see on the banner on the bottom of my page. But, you're right, I dropped the ball on that one. I will now force myself to listen to Justin Bieber for ten minutes straight.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket