Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Fiesta 2004

Well, it was pretty fun experience. My Latino brothers and sisters, came together in downtown Winston-Salem, and partied hardy. There was music and dancing and lots of food from Spanish speaking countries. I had a ball! I worked a booth where we signed kids up for extra credit in their Spanish classes. I met a lot of kids that go to local schools. And, I made a friend or two. The music was typically Tex Mex, but it had a beat and you could dance to it. I got a free t-shirt out of the deal, and free is my favorite style of shirt. Also, there was one thing that made me kind of mad. There were lots of pregnant ladies there, and one of them, a friend to one of the volunteers, was smoking a cigarette. What? Don't you know that that is dangerous for the baby? Any person living here in America, should know that. I mean, what's wrong with you? You're damaging your baby! I mean, duh! That made me want to order her out of the Gene Pool. So, anyway, other than that, it was a fun and eye opening experience, and I hope to do it again one day. My only regret: I was unable to try a Churro. I mean, the line was huge, they must have been great! Oh, well, maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket