Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Happy Halloween!

So, last night, in my dorm we had a Monster Movie Marathon. Sounds promising, right? Not really. We watched three movies; Dawn of the Dead, Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses, and The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I will offer detailed reviews of each movie, so that this Halloween, you can save yourself the time, and the effort of watching these movies, and being scared yourself.

1) Dawn of the Dead: Well, this one was pretty good. Pretty, scary. Funny at times, just like a good scary movie should be. Here's the plot from movies.yahoo.com: "As the United States is turned upside-down by a strange plague-like event in which millions of corpses walk the earth as blood-thirsty zombies (with the recently-deceased that the zombies kill usually returning as zombies themselves, multiplying their number), a small group of survivors of the onslaught, which include a nurse (Polley) and a police officer (Rhames), try to find shelter and protection within a massive shopping mall in the mid-sized city of Everett, WA. What they don't reckon on is that the zombies still have some sort of residual memory, and *everyone* loves going to the mall, right? Realizing that their time is running out, they decide to make another attempt at flight, to a presumably un-zombie-infested island, but to do so, they'll have to get past thousands of zombies in-between... " Anyway, like a said, not a masterpiece, but pretty good. And the black guy made it out okay.

2) Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: Garbage. GAAARBAGE. Seriously, there are no words for how much this movie sucked. I'm afraid of everything in the world and this movie didn't even make me jump. I plan on writing Rob Zombie a very angry letter. Hopefully it will scare him more than his crappy movie scared me.

I've actually exhausted my 'feel like writing' reserves for this post. So, I'm going to leave you with the traditional cliff hanger ending. It will leave you begging for more. Actually, I'm just going to dinner. So anyway, when I return. Part 2: Monster Movie Madness: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Sally's Massive Street Cred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket