Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

My Quest For Costumes! Featuring The Most Annoying Girl in the World, and Rats

Well, my morning started off as usual. I woke up at 7:00, moments before my alarm went off and sprung briskly out of bed. After a quick shower, and some morning calethisnics, I was on my way to UNCG to lesirely stroll, and pick from an abundant source of international clothes for the Student International Association's International Fashion Show.

This is how my day would have started out if I lived in the land of 'Perfect'. While we're on the topic, don't you just hate that town? Remember from the Walgreens commercial, and they live in that town where everything is perfect? Well, I think that would suck. Who decides what's perfect anyway, with little blonde-haired, blue-eyed kids running around in white tennis suits and...

Back to the point. The only truth in the above statement is the fact that I woke up at 7:00. But instead of being able to pound my alarm clock into submission before it sounded, I was awakened by my friend, Imani, who called me exactly at 7 on the dot. Now, I know that you've heard about on the dot, before, but seriously, she was on the dot. I looked at my watch and the second hand was on the 12. I was like, did we scyncronize watches when I wasn't looking or something. Anyway, so then I had to ride over to UNCG (another college) to get some costumes for the Fashion show we're having. I rode with this girl named Melinda, who is seriously the most annoying person I have ever met. She was arguing with her boyfriend Stuart (and she must have said his name 8000 times), and the whole way there her nasally (while, mysteriously at the same time squeaky) was driving me up the walls. So, then we finally get to the school, seconds before I reach out and bang Melinda's head against the car window. Once inside we have to search through nasty, dusty, old clothes to try to find international stuff for our fashion show. Then when we were almost done, the janitor comes by and tells us that there are rats infesting the clothes. Now, I'm freaked out because I was climbling all in those clothes, elbow deep in rows of them and who knows what could have been in there. Thankfully, I'm really not afraid of rats, so I shook it off and moved on. Anyway, so we get back in the car, and Melinda gets on the phone again, and thankfully I'm able to drift into unconciousness, and not have to hear a thing. I know that you probably don't care about this, but I thought to myself the one thing that was keeping me from beating Melinda to a bloody pulp is that when I get back to my room, I can write all about it in my blog. Right on, right on.


1 Comments:

Blogger Javier Mejia said...

Ok, I've searched on the internet everywhere and they all say that "cellar door" is the most beautiful phrase blah, blah, blah... like in the movie DOnnie Dark... but they don't say why...do you know why? (actually, they might say why, but at lenght and I am kinda lazy to read all that, I just want a general idea not to become a cellar door philospher.. hehe)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket