Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Idea of the Good Life

Well, of course my idea of the ‘good life’ would involve money. So much of it that I wouldn’t have to work at something I hate just so I could do something I love. Even though perfection is supposed to be past money. You know, like if your life were perfect you wouldn’t even worry about money. Well, the only way not to worry about money is to have so much of it that it wouldn’t matter if you got fired, or lost some of it, or had a dishonest accountant, you could still recover. My ‘good life’ might involve acting, or directing, I like both. Also, it would be exciting to do that for a living. Plus, I’d want to travel. I’d like to be able to drop whatever I’m doing, or finish whatever I’m doing, and just go to Auckland, Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Cape Town. Somewhere I’ve never been before. I would love to be able to go to a town where you can see the mountains, or cliffs and the entire expanse of the sky, and then turn and go into a bar where people know who I am, and greet me warmly. I would love to live on a beach. To walk out to the ocean every night at dusk, at that exact moment where the sun is almost set, and the stars are shining. The moment where you can’t tell the sky from the water. The moment where it seems as though if you swim out far enough, you’ll be able to reach the sky. I would like to study animals. When I was younger I wanted to be a zoologist but changed my mind. That has always stuck with me as something that I would enjoy. Maybe in my ‘good life’ after directing and starring in my newest hit, I would spend a couple of weeks on a farm outside of Brisbane, and then a couple on an island in the South Pacific.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket