Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Jesus and the Dixie Chicks Concert

I went to church today, for the first time in ages, and I noticed there are a lot of similarities between a day at church and a Dixie Chicks concert. For me anyway. Or at least there should be. I mean, I was really excited, and occasionally jumped up and down (more so at the Chicks concert, actually). Then I wondered, what would the world be like if Jesus came back, but this time he was a rock star? I mean, Jesus would have all the of the amazing guitar skills, being the Son of God and all, and he would have the most awesome singing voice. With all of that in mind, I think that we could agree that he would be a rock god (no pun intended). And don't try to tell me that he could just as easily been a rapper or a gospel singer or a polka music player. He came to Earth to get in touch with the common man, and there are rock bands everywhere. He could play that quiet stuff for the older folks, then he could pump up the volume for the younger generation. he can even add some acoustic stuff to please everybody. Jesus: The Savior of the World and Rock Music! Awesome! I am totally serious about this, by the way. I'm not saying it tongue-in-cheek either. I seriously think that Jesus would be the awesomest rock star ever. Rock on, JC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket