Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Bottom Line

Sorry about the huge gap between posts, but I usually don't use the computer once I go home and I've been home for Christmas break. Anyway, I've been reading about the new Matrix Online game that's going to be launched this year. I've been trying to get into a MMORPG lately, mostly because I rarely have any real physical contact. But this thought struck me, I was thinking about the Matrix trilogy and how much better it would have been if they had just stuck with the first one. Then it struck me; maybe the Wachowski's don't care about the series anymore. Just think about how much money they're making from this franchise. The movies, the video game, the Animatrix, and now the online game. Let's not forget about the 60 dollar box set that came out just a little while ago I was going to buy it myself. They are rolling in it. And there is no end in sight. They can keep cranking out stuff, caring neither for the story or the history and just keep making more and more money. So, I think that from now on, I'm just going to just remember the first movie. Just thinking back on the Matrix gives me a lovely feeling inside that makes me know that everything is going to be okay. I don't need Reloaded (minus that freakin' awesome highway chase scene) and Revolutions, I don't need Enter the Matrix or the 28 dvd box set, or any of the other stuff. I can just like that movie just on it's own. This leads into my rant about merchandising and the creative process, but that's another post altogether. I 'll talk about that, why I hate 'the Aviator', and much, much more. So, stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket