Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

泰丽 OR I Wish my Lawn was Emo, so it Would Cut Itself

Some might consider that to be in bad taste, but I'm an optimist. I also have a deep hatred for all things emo. That includes the people who perpetuate the myth. That happens to be the fifth time I'm used the work perpetuate in the last three days. That's really four too many. I don't want to say hate. Hate is too strong a word. I think that despise gets the job done. Or 'takes an active dislike in'. But not too active. I don't want those emo freaks thinking I'm thinking about them. Nevertheless, this post is certainly not about emoness, but it's really about the 'summer blockbusters' that are out this summer. So far we've had Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. None of which I've actually seen. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get that same excitement about the summer blockbusters as I used to have. I'm a fan of art house dramas, movies with subtitles, cult classics, and anything with Brendan Fraser, but the fangirl in me just loves movies with explosions. I mean, I don't claim to defend it. I get around some arsty fartsy friends, and it's all 'Vole, vouccu chez, avoie moi'. Now, don't get me wrong. I love arsty fartsy movies, but studio execs have always been able to get my geek meter up with BIG, LOUD, MOVIES. Bad Boys, The first two Pirates movies, LOTR, that Matrix debacle. I mean, take some dude punching a guys lights out while driving a fast car, or a pretty lady dropkicking some dude for talking to her wrong, and I'm in the seat. But this season has gotten me less excited about the prospect of sitting the theater and watching things explode than I ever have been before. I STILL haven't seen Spidey 3, and I planned that out almost at the beginning of the year. As it stands, I'm the last of the my friends to see it, and as I hate seeing movies by myself, I probably won't see it until it hits the cheap movie theater, or maybe not even then. And I LOVE VENOM!!! There's no understanding it. I guess like my taste in music, it's a mystery. I'm supposed to be going to see Pirates and Shrek this weekend at, of all places, the local drive in. Whether or not I make it is going to be a tossup, I imagine. I just might go see something French instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger England Simpson said...

I'm not as excited to see Pirates 3! What is the deal with 3 hour movies? My RLS starts to act up, and I'm done son, I'm DONE!


mR.j?

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket