Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blue Eyed Soul

Okay, I know that I've mentioned this before, but I heard this Natasha Bedingfield song, and when I heard it on the radio, I thought that it was a black person, so I thought that I would explore the concept a little bit more. After doing a little research, I found out that the white-singers-with-black-voices thing is neither new, nor that rare. And I just want my readers to know that I'm not disparaging these kind of acts, it just catches you a little off guard when you hear a voice, and then, subsequently, expect the person belonging to the voice to be black. Anyway, the Natasha Bedingfield song (feat. Sean Kingston) is cute, and I'd probably buy that album, but she certainly does catch you a little off guard with that voice. So, anyway, I looked it up on Wikipedia (my initial go-to guide for just about anything I know nothing and want to know something about) and they have a very extensive article, that I would suggest you at least give a cursory look, because, you know, it's pretty good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maarjakõiv said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Maarjakõiv said...

Thank you very much:)!
I'm glad that you like it. I browsed pretty many websites and finally I found the one that I liked!
I also read the article and discovered that I haven't heared that song, that you described in your blog. I have to listen to the radio more often:D!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket