Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Conflict of Interests OR John McCain for President???


I'm just really proud because the subject line actually has something to do with the posts. Anyway, I've got a problem, people. Crap. It's not something I really want to discuss here, but it's a heckuva dilemma. For my American readers, if you've been keeping up with the primaries, you know you can't turn on the TV without some news about one candidate or the other. I've been keeping up with the Democratic side because I'm a Democrat. However, I've planned to vote for Hillary Clinton. I know that alot of people (especially young people) don't agree with that, but what can you do? Anyway, I've come to the realization that if Hillary doesn't win, I might just vote for John McCain for President, should he win the primary. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Barak Obama, but I don't think that he has the experience to run the country, and I don't know if his message of change is really backed up by his platform. Needless to say, while I'd be super excited to have a black president, I think that John McCain has a way to dismantle the polarization that has taken place in American politics. This is something that was fostered by George W. during almost his entire time in office. McCain has even admitted that his own party has some flaws, but that it's in areas like climate change and pork barrel spending, places where there is some foot dragging by the GOP. I think that McCain is more liberal than he's been letting on in his candidacy, and that's a good thing. Conservatives would probably not vote for him if they knew his stance on most things, and what conservatives don't know is that if we have another term of their kind of conservatism, the world will explode. That's not to say the liberals have got it right either, but I've always preached a kind of moderate stance that has served me well on a lot of different occasions. It makes it easier to see when you're in the middle of the aisle where it's clear. And sometimes people get so wrapped up in politics, that they refuse a good idea just because it's from the 'other side'. It's high time we had a President that can unify the country in a way that George W. (and people like him) don't want. Because when you start having real unity, you can affect real change. So, I am thoroughly supporting the McCain primary bid, and will look to the general election and hope for the best. No matter what happens, I have a biiiig decision to make.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlewen said...

You and me both, chica.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Henning said...

at the last election here in norway(of which I am sure you have heard all about) I voted Jim Morrison for President. Unfortunatly he wasn't running, norway is a monarchy, and he is dead.
But that just shows how cool I am.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Under Thy Tongue said...

lol. Um, you know more about politics than me. Maybe you can sum it up later in the year for me when I'm trying to figure out who to vote for.
And I blogged, bitch!! Now back off!!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket