Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Donnie Darko in WIDE wide SCREEN screen!

The repitition was supposed to represent an echo, I hope that it worked! Anyway, this weekend a couple of my friends and I went to see 'Donnie Darko' again. If you haven't seen it, you should, it's pretty awesome! I just hope that you don't have annoying people in the theater like we did. Now, I've been known to talk a little in movies, but these people were ridiculous. We were all the way on the other side of the theater from them, but they had the most terrible, loud, screechy (in the case of the lady) and booming (in the case of the man) laughs that I had ever heard. And I think they were together! How is it possible that the two people with the worlds' most annoying laughs could find each other, fall in love and start a relationship? I don't understand. Anyway, anytime that anything even the most remotely funny happened, I mean things that are barely worth a smile, these people would burst out in their tedious, revolting laughter. Seriously I threw up in the back ouf my mouth a couple times there. I really can't even express to you the agony of watching that movie with those people in there. I would have loved to have some people talking behind me instead. Here's an exercise to share my pain: Close you eyes. No really, close them. Nobody's going to come up behind you...

Okay, by now you've realized that you're going to have to read the rest of this first, then try it because you certainly can't read with your eyes closed. Okay, after you've closed your eyes, I want you to imagine that you're soaring over the Earth. You look down and you see all the peoples of the world, and the beauty of all creation, and the wonder of the Earth and the universe. Then all of a sudden something similar to a hyena's laugh spilts the air. It permeates your every orifice driving itself deep into the recesses of your psyche. Then accompanying it is the sound that you assume, if you'd ever heard one, is similar to the sound that a rhinocerous would make. If it was laughing loudly, and annoyingly. Well, maybe the rhino wasn't the best example, because personally I have no idea what they sound like, but you get my meaning. Suddenly, you go from flying high above the Earth in self realization and the occasional epiphany, to crashing into a big steaming pile of hot garbage, that a gorilla just crapped in. There you have it. A little dramatic, maybe, but you can see what I'm saying right? I'm in no way insinuating that loudly annoying laughing people shouldn't get to see a good movie too, but I just say they should be locked in a tiny, uncomfortable, soundproof room while doing it. Is that to much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket