Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Room 307 in... The Twilight Zone

So, I'm watching this episode of the Twilight Zone. You know the one, with that lady and she's under the bandages, and then she's pretty and the doctors are the ugly ones. Well, what we consider ugly. And I just think about how stupid standards of beauty are. Nowadays the things that might make a person beautiful to our eyes are ridiculous compared to what might actually might make a person a better mate for us. The other day, I finally got to see Constantine, which was really good, as I will discuss in a later post, and I was telling my brother how I think that Rachel Weisz is a dime. So, for those who don't know, a dime is a very attractive women. Or man, I suppose, though I don't ever think that I've ever heard of a guy being called that. So, then if you don't know Rachel, she's the only person that has ever been in a movie with Brendan Fraser who had some sort of sexual tension with him, that I didn't end up hating. Well, that's not entirely true. I still love Ian McKellan, but technically his interest was one way, so that's probably why. And the man is Gandalf. How could I hate Gandalf? So, anyway, Rachel Weisz, super attractive. So, I mention this to my bro and he's like, nah she's not that attractive, because her teeth are messed up. Now, take it from me, my brother is no Brendan Fraser. If we were to use the money system, he might be a nickel. Maybe a nickel, two pennies, and a ha'penny. But he's certainly no dime. But he passed judgement so quickly on Rachel it took me a moment to see what was happening. On that episode of the Twilight Zone, when the normal (to us) looking lady goes sprinting down the hall, in a 'Big Brother' type deal, there's this guy giving a speech about conformity. He says that there should be one norm, one way, one idea of beauty. She has to give up on her idea of being 'normal' and is sent into exile. In the end of the episode, we learn that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Maybe that should always be in the back of our minds, whether or not we're in the Twilight Zone

4 Comments:

Blogger England said...

A ha'penny! You made me laugh Terri Day.

E
-Rachel's teeth are not messed up! Maybe a little "natural," but not messed up. C'mon Drew!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. I think she is totally pretty, AND her teeth are not messed up. Just because they aren't porcelain white perfect looking caps doesn't mean that they are messed up. Hell, her teeth are probably better than mine.
But yes, you bring up an interesting point, Terri D. Alot of the girls I think are pretty, men do not find attractive, which totally leaves me at a loss. But then, this could be like Johnny Depp thinking he looks like the boogie man--How can they not see the beauty???

Heather

7:53 PM  
Blogger England said...

Why do I call you guys by your full names? My stomach hurts and I've been stranded at school. So this is my 5th time on your blog today Terri D.

E
p.s.-It's 5:00pm right now.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Terri D. said...

I know! She's a stone cold, fox. I don't get that kid sometimes.

Terri

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket