Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Curse your sudden, but inevitable betrayal!

Ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Anyway, this post is about my newest enjoyment (read:obsession) the Joss Whedon space western, Firefly. Some of you may have heard about the show, it was cancelled by Fox (read:idiots) who couldn't see the greatness that existed in this show. The plot basically revolves around Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, who captains a ship called Serenity. Mal fought in a war against the Alliance (read:Empire) who wanted everybody under their rule. With his crew of fighters, and other wayward souls, he's bonded a family that goes across the 'Verse robbing people, or helping people; whichever one seems like the best idea that day. I used to watch Buffy, which was another Whedon show, and I liked that one, alot. I wasn't completely obsessed and I could go weeks without watching a single episode, but I liked it. Now, this show, it's got me completely hooked. The story just seems so ordinarily heroic, and the characters so real, and the acting is great. Anyway, if you've never heard of it, then next time you're in the video store, pick up Serenity, which is the motion length movie that you don't need to have watched the series to see. Now, none of those looks. Hey, I saved you from the horrible fate that was Superman: Returns, didn't I? If you're feeling like it sounds like a good series, find a video store that carries the series. I wouldn't suggest a Blockbuster, because they suck and they barely have anything good. But something with a little more substance. Anyway, pick up the first DVD, and watch the first couple of episodes. I'm soooo cereal, you're going to love it. The story is first rate, the characters are three dimensional, and well, this is just me talking, but I love the theme song (read: my friends are haters, and they think it sucks). Maybe you'll find yourself joining the rates of 'Browncoats' that are ever growing all over the world. And maybe if we all show we're a force to be reckoned with, that next movie will be on the table pretty soon (read:yes, Universal, I will come for you). So, do that, please. I don't ask for much, but I'm seriously begging you to go check it out. If you don't like it (which I would find would be hard to do), then let that be it then, but I'm telling you that missing out on a series like this would be a big mistake. I wasted a lot of time not knowing about it. I'll probably post some banners that I'm going to try to make coming up soon, maybe a wallpaper or two, but in the meantime, check out the show, or at least the movie. Coming up later this week: A review Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby. Hilarious movie, and filmed right here in my hometown of Charlotte to boot. For those of you that have seen it: "Now if you only remember one thing in your subconcious, Ricky, remember this: I spread my butt cheeks."

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlewen said...

I've been in love with the series since Kevin dragged me along to see Serenity. I managed to see most of the series during a marathon on SciFi...I want to own the boxset now XD

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket