Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

家有儿女

When I was in China, I used to watch this show all the time. I didn't get all the jokes, but sitcoms with funny people really cross all linguistic boundaries. Basically, it's this family, with three kids, and they have all sorts of crazy adventures. Think Full House with one less uncle Joey, one more mom, two boys, and um, Communism. Seriously, it's just a funny show, and while you might not get all the jokes, it's still pretty funny. The title basically translates to Family with Children, or Family that has boys and girls. I just found a treasure trove of eps online, and will be filling my days with 家有儿女 until I'm all caught up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Henning said...

When the Serinity comic comes out in Netherland I can't say becouse I live in Norway. Right on top, just below the white parts. And the Serenity comic doesn't come out here, it imported form the US.
We teach English in our schools, so I started around the age of 7. That probably doesn't impress you much, since by then you already spoke the language on a daily basis, but, then again, I'm bilingual and that should count for something:P
Whats your special power?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Henning said...

Right on top of the world, that is.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Henning said...

Canada is americas hat.
And thank god Serenity doesn't get translated, that would be... disturbing...
Very few comics actually gets translated, comics doesn't sell to much up here,(cuz we're like very few people and even fewer reads comics. And the prizes?! I wont even start, but since its such a small market the prizes are high, which again only serves to drive people away from the shops. I buy all my comics on ebay) but I think I saw a Norwegian 300 comic once. It just isn't the same.
Netherland is a bit further down in Europe, and if you think my English is good, you should see/hear my Norwegian! It will blow your mind^^,

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket