Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Updates for the Updateless

So, um, I know that you guys are probably wondering what the dickens is going on. But I'm still around. I also still don't have a desk, which is proving to be more of a challenge than I thought. Pluys I'm working. Hmm, surprise, suprise. I'm an assistant park ranger. Which means that I do all the menial jobs that the real park rangers don't want to do. Like clean toilets, and change garbage bags, and walk trails looking for litter. I do get a truck which is a pretty good deal. Obviously, I'm a seasonal, and I only work there for three months, which, while not too bad, is proving to be a challenge in in of itself. I realize with this experience that I have to be doing something like as a profession, or I'll go completely crazy. If I had to do what I'm doing now for the rest of my life... Oh there is no doubt in my mind that I'd kill myself and take everybody else with my. Luckily, this is not permanent so Ranger Mark and Larry can live for another day. Anyway, I'm starting to hate nature and people, and especially stupid people. But on the upside I'm gaining a new respect for fishing and camping. I can take or leave hiking, but I do enjoy canoeing. So, this is all (kinda) working out. Anyway, I'll just leave you with the (one of many) motto for the park where I work 'It Ain't Going to the Moon!'. It all just kind of explains itself, huh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time I return to charlotte (which'll prolly be in 3 years) we should go hiking! Assuming that we're both still alive...yeah, breathing is fun. I just woke up...head hurt, slept too much.

1:21 PM  
Blogger England said...

Lets evaluate what you just said:

"i'm gaining a new respect for fishing and camping...and canoeing..."

Umm, yeah...that's incredibly *fill-in-blank* of you.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket