Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Something, Something...

Crap, I love getting packages. It's better than chocolate, it's better than sex (or so I've heard), it's better than the open ocean on a crisp night, it's better than laughing with your friends, or holding hands with a person you love most in the world, or looking into your child's eyes, or bliss, or immortality, or a perfectly working computer.... It is like God himself opened up the heavens, looked down at you and said, "You are my most wonderous creation." And that's even if you know what's inside. I love getting packages. I dunno what it is. Maybe it's the wonder that lies in that brown packaging, maybe it's the prospect of opening up a sealed package with something wonderful inside. If you try to take it to the next level; who doesn't like surprises? Who doesn't new stuff? Who doesn't like both of them in one wonderful package? Anyway, that brings up a pet peeve of mine. Have you ever heard somebody say there will be packets, and you're expecting, what a pen, maybe some post its, maybe some thing tangible, right? Something you can take home, use later, right? But noooooo! Most of the time, it's just some papers. Some papers and a paper clip. WTF? If it's just going to be a stack of papers, then just say that you're giving us a stack of papers. Geez, you're getting our hopes up with all this packet talk. Anyway, back to the point. Packages. Just thinking about them gets me wanting to head off to my mailbox right away, or go online and order something awesome and just wonder what it is. I should start a website where people can just exchange packages. Like you have no idea what's inside, but they send you something, and you send things something back. Just like a little surprise, that'd be awesome. Don't steal that idea, I'm totally going to do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Henning said...

"it's better than sex (or so I've heard)"
Or so I've heard as in you've never had sex, or you've heard there are gifts that are better then sex?

Check it out, I have imagined you on my blogg! (belove Mary Carey and Gary Coleman)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Under Thy Tongue said...

lol. Are you going to make some money on this endeavor? Cuz if so, I'd like to join. I like getting packages too. I mean, I never really get any, 'cept at christmas time, but still. Actually, today my parents went to Wal-mart, and as I was unpacking the groceries, there was a bag with a shirt in it for me. So, that was kinda nice, but not technically a "package". Stop vacationing and stuff though.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket