Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The One That Got Away

So, everybody has one, right? That one person that you truly believe was the one that was right for you. That one person who you truly believe you could have been happy with for the rest of your life. I have one. His name is Morgan Wade Carmichael. So, yeah, I put it out there. I met Morgan a time ago, and the first time I met him I was totally struck. He was funny, cool, and a total nerd, which if you read this blog at all, you know I love. He had this slightly acerbic sense of humor, but was witty and fun, and wore glasses. All of which got me all atwitter. It ended like all my crushes do, without any true words exchanged, and occasional pangs of regret. I 'see' him on Facebook all the time, but I don't leave messages for him or anything. I just see what's happening in his life, and whatnot. Once I remember he was just randomly drawing (he's also an artist) this picture, and he gave it to me. It was a goblin throwing a rock. Yep, just a goblin. Throwing a rock. But I still have that picture to this day, and while some question it's sentiment, I know that that goblin was him, and the rock, my heart. Um, I dunno why he'd be throwing my heart, but the first part of throwing is holding, so we're halfway there. Anyway, according to his Facebook profile, he's in a very serious relationship with a young lady who seems very nice. Though, there is always that niggling in the back of my spirit that I"d be a better match for him. On all those stupid little Facebook games, we sync up; the movie game, Pirates vs. Ninjas, favorite movie lists. And for a superficial person (such as myself) that's what really matters. I don't think I'll ever get over Morgan, he really is a great guy, but maybe I'll be able to find my own little slice of happiness, with someone else. Or, you know, stalk him.

** Why are there two fish references having to do with love? I mean, that's already two to many. Book review coming, as are several other posts. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Under Thy Tongue said...

Awwwww. He's missin' out, I tell you.

What's the other fish reference? I know the fish in the sea one, but that's all I got.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket