Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Crash 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ha ha, you thought I was done with those things, didn't you! Well, once again I've proved how single minded you can be. Anyway, I just realized that I never did a review of the best movie that was out this summer, and the one starring the love of my life, that made me laugh, it made me cry, it moved me, Bob. For those of you that don't know, 'Crash' is a hodgepodge of stories that come together and overlap in different ways. For instance, Brendan Fraser plays the district attorney. He and his wife (Sandra Bullock) are carjacked by (I don't remember their movie names) Ludacris and Lorenz Tate, Lorenz's brother is Don Chedle, whose having an affair with his partner, Jennifer Esposito (I think) and Don Chedle is offered a promotion that he didn't earn by Brendan (who's just trying to look good for the black people in his district). So, anyway, Brendan and Sandra get new locks installed after the carjacking, and the guy who installs them works on some other doors, and they belong to a Persian man, and his daughter works at the hospital who (trying not to ruin the movie for you) runs into Larenz Tate. There are lots more people, and they all interweave, and have something to do with each other. It's just the way that they are all together and connected even though they don't know it, until everything kind of comes to a head, and everybody is forced to look at themselves and their world; a world that they thought they had under control. Anyway, great movie and I really did cry. Not once, not twice, but three times. And I had to see it by myself, because I was working and the last showing was just in time for me to see it if I went to the theater right after work, and I didn't have time to go get the twins or anything. Anyway, 'Crash' is coming out on DVD like, tomorrow, so if you can, buy it. It will seriously leave you speechless, and it is a wonderful movie. Like, I went to see it, mostly because Brendan Fraser was in it, but I'm sure I would have loved it anyway. By the way, the main thread in all of the stories is race. Like, the race of the people is the most important part of the story, but in the end, you really look past that, and see that we're all dealing with the same problems and just trying to live our lives. The people who are the most racist in the movie, by the end of it, you're looking at them differently, and vice versa. So on Terri's Scale O' Movies, with 10 being the Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded, and 1 being Doo Doo Brown: The Movie, and Doo Doo Brown 2: Electric Boogaloo, 'Crash' defiitely earns a 10. It is going to be a classic someday, and might become the moment in cinema that changed everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket