Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Not Really Much Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water

Wednesday night is the Lost season premier, and I for one, can't wait. There are a lot of shows that I'm looking forward to (or have already enjoyed) this season. So, I thought that I'd tell you guys what I'm watching, and maybe you can tell me too.

Bones - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm - FOX
This show started last week, and the premier was pretty good. It's the story of Temperence Brennan, a doctor whose like a forensic something or other, and Stooly Been (actually that's not his name, but I can't think of it, and I don't feel like looking it up. It is something like that though) whose an FBI agent who needs Dr. Brennan to help him solve his harder cases. The name of the show comes in because that's Temperence's nickname. Like "Spooky" Mulder. Anyway , so the acting was good, the dialogue was sharp, and the plot was solid. It's kind of like CSI, a lot like Law and Order, good tv, but nothing groundbreaking. I will keep watching though, and try to keep up.

Rome - Sundays @ 9:00pm - HBO
This is one of those shows that come along once in a while. It is an epic! Everything is big; the cast, the sets, and the drama. You wouldn't think that ancient Rome could have so much crap going on, but it does. And this is my favorite new show of the season. I love it. It's an ensemble cast, with two warriors (Pullo and Veronus), a tyrant and his right hand man (Julius Cesar and Mark Antony), a leader and his advisors in the Senate (Pompeii and Cato), and many more. The whole show kind of centers on Pullo and Veronus, but everybody else features prominately. My favorite new character: Atia. She's conniving, evil, ambitious, and just downright dirty. But she has gumption, and I'll be darned if I can hate her. I can't. I'm just more and more disturbed (enthralled?) at the extent of her power and cajones. So, check that out. They show the new eps on Tuesdays as well, and sometimes on Fridays. Go to the website to find all about it.

Arrested Development - Mondays @ 8:00pm - FOX
This show has been on for two years already, but if you've missed it, then you really should tune in. It's the story of Michael Bluth, the son of a wealthy developer who goes to jail. It's up to Michael to keep the family together. This is easier said than done, simply because his family is completely insane. I mean, this show is just downright hilarious. I've watched it for a while, and you keep waiting for it to lose it's punch (simply because you assume that this could not keep up forever), but it doesn't. So, check this one out too, I swear it should come back with a money-back guarantee, because there is no way that it's not hilarious to everybody.

Lost - Wednesday @ 9:00 pm - ABC
I just love this show. Man, it's weird. But in a good way. If you missed it last season, don't even bother trying to keep up. No, seriously, it make take a little work, but really try to watch it. I love it, and it's turning out to be really great.

So, there you have it, my shows for this season. I just realized that Rome is at odds with Family Guy, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that. Maybe watch Rome during the commercials, and then turn when Family Guy goes off. That's probably what I'll have to do. I guess then I can just watch the beginning at another time. Or maybe they play the same episode twice. Sometimes they do that when it's a new episode. It looks like they don't. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to work something out. Anyway, check out these shows and more, and don't forget Family Guy of course. Just keep watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket