Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Two Tiers, Motherf**ker, two tiers!/ Teeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyy

So, last Monday night was a Reno 911 marathon. I just thought that I'd mention that. Anyway, I just picked up a new album by an artist named Jamie Lidell called 'Multiply'. It's actually really, really good. Now, I'm going to tell you right off the bat that Jamie is white. Yes, he's a white, English, soul singer. But let me tell you something else. He's actually quite good. He has a way of channeling some of the great soul singers of the past while keeping a really cool contemporary sound. Anyway, the title track, 'Multiply', is a real toe tapper. And if that doesn't appeal to you, then you can blame me for the use of the phrase 'toe tapper'. Anyway, seriously good stuff. I found out about him at heavy.com, but also I heard about him on NPR, which is weird, becuase you wouldn't think that they would cross paths. Anyway, not only is this album really great, you'll probably be the only person on your block with this album, so be the cool one and pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket