Terri's Cellar Door

Stuff that happens to me, Terri.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Celebrity F**k Fest

I don't curse. I don't have anything against profanity, and have been known to utter a certain blue word or two under duress, but I make it a general rule not to swear. It's not really a rule. Just when I curse it sounds awkward and forced and not me. So, I found this online and it really made me giggle: Celebrity F**k Fest (parental discrestion advised). I did realize, however, that certain words that I use everyday, and stole from England are truly curse words, and if I was in England, I wouldn't use them in polite company. I use wanker and bugger (or buggerer or buggering [my fave incarnation]) all the freaking time. So I guess, I really do curse. I think it has less to do with the word, though and more to do with how taboo the word is. Like, for the purposes of this discussion, you think of the word fuck. Well, for most people, you wouldn't say that to your mother, because it's a bad word. It means to have sex, and not in the nice candles-and-rose-petals-leading-to-the-bed kind of way, but the down-and-dirty-hey-where-are-my-draws kind of way. If the word was snoosh, it would still be taboo. You wouldn't think, hey that doesn't sound like a threatening word, you would just think of the connotations. Anyway, I like saying bugger, and wanker, so I just hope that they don't completely jump the pond and people start having negative connotations attached to them. Otherwise, I'll be totally fu.... I mean, buggered.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlewen said...

Hmm...I think my favorite word would have to be "asshat"

It just rolls off the tongue so well...

9:37 PM  
Blogger England said...

A few of my favorite things...nah, I'm not going to say them. Actually, most of my favorite swear words are just dirty words; not necessarily swear words.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Aeryn said...

I like the classics myself....and always under duress!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket